SBCTA represents the interests of San Bernardino County on regional and sub-regional transportation matters. SANBAG's planning activities are designed to identify strategies, projects and programs, and their cost, to achieve mobility goals for people and goods. These activities must be consistent with air quality requirements and work to improve the overall quality of life in our region.
The Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) is the cornerstone of transportation planning and programming activities in the SCAG region. SBCTA is actively engaged in development of the RTP through various policy and technical advisory committees maintained by SCAG, and through the coordination and preparation of local and sub-regional input to the RTP.
Much of SBCTA's input to the RTP is created through development of the Countywide Transportation Plan and various other planning activities and data collection efforts, as identified below.
- Congestion Management Plan
- County-wide Transportation Plan
- Long-Range Transit Plan
- Non-Motorized Transportation Plan
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Reduction Plan
- Regional Transporation Plan
- SB County Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Coordination Plan
- SB Valley Coordinated Traffic Signal Plan
- Short Range Transportation Plan